Buying a used smartphone is a great way to save money in 2018, or any year really. Millions of people visited Swappa in 2017 and a lot of them bought a fully functional, gently used phone at a fraction of the retail cost. What were Swappa shoppers most likely to buy?
The best selling used phone of 2017 was the iPhone 6! The average sale price for an iPhone 6 in 2017 was $242, with the majority of those sold being the 16 GB storage models.
Top selling used iPhones of 2017
All iPhones topped the list of overall best-selling phones on Swappa in 2017. While that may not be a surprise to some, the fact that a nearly 3 year old phone topped the list (the iPhone 6 was originally released in 2014).
- iPhone 6 with an average price of $242
- iPhone 6S with an average price of $340
- iPhone 7 Plus with an average price of $642
- iPhone 7 with an average price of $524
- iPhone 6S Plus with an average price of $399
Top selling used Android phones of 2017
Samsung Galaxy phones topped the non-Apple list of devices, which were not surprisingly all Android phones.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 with an average price of $309
- Samsung Galaxy S6 with an average price of $199
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with an average price of $368
- Samsung Galaxy S5 with an average price of $104
- Google Pixel XL with an average price of $586
Why buy and sell your used phone on Swappa?
Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace for gently used technology. Safety, simplicity, and the human factor make Swappa better.
Sellers don’t pay fees to Swappa. Buyers sometimes pay a small fee that is included in the sale price. Either way, everyone saves money over eBay.