Buying a used smartphone is a great way to save money in 2018, or any year really. Millions of people visited Swappa in 2017 and a lot of them bought a fully functional, gently used phone at a fraction of the retail cost. What were Swappa shoppers most likely to buy?
Swappa buyers bought iPhones and lots of and lots of Android phones in 2017.
Top selling used Android phones of 2017
Samsung Galaxy phones topped the list of devices and Google phones filled out the rest of the list.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 with an average price of $309
- Samsung Galaxy S6 with an average price of $199
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with an average price of $368
- Samsung Galaxy S5 with an average price of $104
- Google Pixel XL with an average price of $586
- Nexus 6P with an average price of $293
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus with an average price of $615
- Samsung Galaxy S8 with an average price of $550
- Google Pixel with an average price of $495
- Galaxy Note 8 with an average price of $726
Overall hundreds-of-thousands of people bought phones on Swappa in 2017. No matter which generation or model you prefer it’s clear that buying gently used can save you money.
Buy and sell your used phone on Swappa
Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace for gently used technology. Safety, simplicity, and the human factor make Swappa better.
Sellers don’t pay fees to Swappa. Buyers sometimes pay a small fee that is included in the sale price. Either way, everyone saves money over eBay.