Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace for buying and selling gently used technology. Safety and simplicity is at the core of our brand. We’re looking to hire an ecommerce focused designer to lead all design functions, including rebranding.
We are a development heavy organization, and as the sole designer at Swappa, you’ll bring your years of user-centered design and enthusiasm to our lean, remote team. This role has a strong influence in brand direction, so you will contribute directly to shaping the future of Swappa’s marketplace. Your work should make buying and selling a used mobile device easier.
Desired design skills and characteristics:
- As the sole designer, we’re looking for a dynamic passion-driven designer with strong branding and ecommerce experience
- Can handle our most difficult user problems (ex: decision fatigue, understanding how Swappa works, etc.)
- You have an an established, repeatable process for solving problems; never say that’s not my job.
- Thinks strategically about how to roll designs out as smaller pieces. Small, measurable impact is at the core of design/development at Swappa.
- Strong cross-platform knowledge. From desktop to mobile, makes thoughtful decisions about design and implementation.
- You see your role as an advocate for both the brand and the user. Conversations about about customer personas and end goals must be part of your design process. Must be able to engage in feedback conversations with a larger team. Gives insightful feedback based on thorough understanding of user personas and business as a whole. Accepts and resolves critique with grace and ease.
- Lead and delivers full lifecycle design projects, from design strategy through execution. Plays the role of design project manager and facilitates the movement of projects through the entire process.
We’re looking for someone who can own the design role on a cross-functional team with developers, marketing, support and others to deliver work that put our users first. We’d love to talk with you if you’re a committed and dependable leader who works autonomously with a passion for quality design.
For immediate consideration please show us your work including:
- Branding (logo design, creating brand standards, etc.)
- Demonstration of implementation ready deliverables to development teams
- Strong storytelling; evidence of critical thinking and problem-solving, not just deliverables.
- Diverse experience with a variety of products and platforms (ecommerce, responsive web, material design, etc.)