This role has been filled. Thank you!
SEO Specialist / Search Analyst
Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace for consumer technology, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. Since our launch in 2010 we’ve helped millions of buyers and sellers get the best value. In 2020 we’ll help our users drive over $100M worth of commerce.
Swappa’s SEO Specialist / Search Analyst will guide our search optimization (SEO) efforts and broader search strategy. The primary goal will be to drive more commerce by capturing search traffic that converts. Building on Swappa’s existing strengths and helping us develop new tactics will be an essential part of this role.
The vast majority of Swappa’s traffic is driven by organic search; this role has great opportunity to help Swappa grow. This marketing position will work closely with Swappa’s management team and broader organization, including business development and technology teams. Swappa is looking for a data-driven SEO strategist who will help us drive more commerce via search.
This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role. Swappa is a distributed team spread out all over the world. Experience working a remote team is a huge plus.
- Analyze and identify keyword opportunities, prioritize executable tasks
- Audit site to identify strengths, weaknesses, and overlooked opportunities
- Work with content team to guide strategy and optimize content
- Work with social team to formulate posts that align marketing goals with search priorities
- Work with development team to optimize technical SEO and on-site schema data
- Monitor and analyze competitor search strategies, including SEO and SEM efforts
- Track and report progress using Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush and other analysis tools
- Regularly report on progress and challenges related to objectives
Though we’ve been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates a lot like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable experience managing search optimization for an eCommerce site and/or consumer brand
- You are results and numbers driven when it comes to evaluating successes and failures
- You like to execute, test and iterate and are not just about “big ideas” and “strategy”
- You are comfortable working with Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush and other data analysis tools
- You are adaptable and thrive with change
- You value iterative progress and small wins that accumulate into big successes
You must be motivated, responsible and autonomous to be successful at Swappa. If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big, predefined budgets, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations this may be a great opportunity.
Swappa is building a marketing team to help us grow faster. Let us know if you think you can help.
APPLY HERE: https://swappa.wufoo.com/forms/swappa-search-specialist/