Swappa is a human-powered marketplace for consumer tech, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. With hundreds of thousands of happy buyers and sellers using Swappa every month we’re on our way to over $100M worth of commerce in 2019.
Swappa’s Content Marketing Specialist will help implement and improve Swappa’s content strategy to drive more commerce in our marketplace and via affiliates. This writing position works closely with marketing, support and creative departments to create content that informs our users and supports their efforts to buy and sell on Swappa. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role.
Swappa is not a “traditional” news or content site. However, having relevant, timely content is important for us as an ecommerce company. Better on-site content helps us in our SEO/search, social and marketing efforts, while benefiting our users with helpful and engaging content. Success in this role is ultimately measured in content-driven commerce.
- Write search optimized content on various subjects related to Swappa
- Help manage Swappa’s WordPress blog and content calendar
- Think “beyond the blog” to develop content strategies that drive commerce to the marketplace
- Collaborate with business development to support product sale efforts
- Collaborate with marketing and social to support user acquisition and campaign efforts
- Collaborate with support to produce content that assists and informs our users
- Analyze data to determine content effectiveness, adapt accordingly
Though we have been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable experience publishing easy-to-understand, tech-focused content
- You understand the basics of SEO and can write search-optimized content
- You have advanced knowledge of English grammar and word structure
- You can produce accurate and readable articles that are free of major errors, omissions, and repetition
- You are results and numbers driven when it comes to evaluating successes and failures
- You are comfortable working with Google Analytics, Search Console, and other data analysis tools
- You are adaptable, thrive with change and welcome constructive feedback
- You are able to work remotely and independently
- You have a portfolio of published work and/or writing samples to provide at our request
You must be motivated, responsible and autonomous to be successful at Swappa. If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big budgets, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations, this will be a great opportunity for you.
Swappa is aggressively building a marketing department to help us grow. Let us know how you can play a role by applying here: