Frontend Django Developer
Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace for consumer tech, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. Since our launch in 2010 we’ve helped millions of buyers and sellers get the best value. In 2020 we’ll help our users drive over $100M in marketplace commerce.
- Django (1.11) and Python (3)
- HTML, CSS and Bootstrap (v3)
- Git, GitHub
This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role. Swappa is a distributed team spread out all over the world. Experience working with a remote team is a requirement.
- Implement efficient functionality using Django and web technologies
- Translate high-level ideas into usable interfaces
- Implement wireframes and designs as responsive layouts
- Help design and implement A/B tests
- Work within design guidelines to create simple page layouts
Though we’ve been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates a lot like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- Django proficiency, ability to write performant code
- Bootstrap (v3) experience
- Ecommerce experience is a plus
- Familiarity of browser inconsistencies
- Excellent communication skills (English)
You must be motivated, responsible and autonomous to be successful at Swappa. If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big, predefined budgets, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations this may be a great opportunity.
Swappa is expanding our development team to help us drive more commerce. Let us know if you think you can help.