In most cases you can find the device identifier in any of the following ways:
- On a sticker behind the device's battery
- Via software on the "about" screen
- On the device's box
Please note that in some instances, such as a for a replaced device, the ESN on the box may not match the ESN of the device. Swappa always asks for the ESN of the device.
Here is an old, but still useful page of how to find an ESN in Android: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=26468
This page shows how to find the serial number (ESN) or Apple products: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1349
- How can I check my ESN / IMEI / MEID to ensure it's clean?
- How do I find my device's ESN / IMEI / MEID number?
- Why should I not share my ESN / IMEI / MEID publicly?
- What is an ESN / IMEI / MEID and why is it important?
- Does Swappa guarantee the results of the ESN Check service?
- What is an IMEI number?
- What is an MEID number?