Swappa aims to review and approve every standard listing posted in our marketplace to evaluate that it is a legitimate listing and meets our criteria for "no junk devices".
This is a security feature to help protect buyers and make Swappa a safe marketplace to buy and sell used mobile devices online.
Here are some of the things that are reviewed by Swappa staff:
We still encourage all buyers to carefully review all listings you're thinking about buying and to ask the seller any questions before making a purchase. Remember, a seller can still edit certain parts of a listing after approval, and be sure to always question "too good to be true" listings.
If a listing that has been reviewed and approved looks suspicious or questionable, ask Swappa staff to review it again! Just leave a comment on the listing asking for a review and check the "Notify Swappa staff" checkbox. We'll be happy to address any concerns.
Is a listing that is reviewed and approved guaranteed to be legit? The answer, unfortunately, is no. Swappa cannot guarantee the intentions or future actions of any seller, but we do believe that no other site works harder to prevent "bad" listings and sales. We're pretty good at it, too.
- What comments are appropriate for listings?
- What does it mean when a listing has been "reviewed and approved" by Swappa staff?
- What happens if what I get doesn't match what I bought?
- What is a PayPal confirmed address, and why is it important?
- Why is a listing pending staff review?
- Why should I not share my ESN / IMEI / MEID publicly?
- Why was Additional Verification information requested by Swappa staff?
- Why do Business Seller listings not require verification photos?
- What does it mean when a buyer "affirms" their shipping address?
- Can I use Swappa from India, China, Africa, South America or anywhere else in the world?
- How do I cancel a pending payment via PayPal?
- Can I change my shipping address after I've paid with PayPal?
- How do I contact a seller?
- What are Swappa's feedback guidelines for fair star ratings?
- What happens if a phone sold on Swappa is blacklisted a month or two after sold?
- What are my payment options when buying and selling?
- Should I file a PayPal dispute against the Swappa sale fee?
- What are the procedures that should be followed for a return?
- How do I upload photos on a sale page?
- What is a sale fee?
- Can I get a refund for the sale fee?
- When should I expect the seller to ship?
- I'm not sure what rooted or ROM'd means. Should I buy a rooted phone?
- Should a SIM card be included with used device sales?
- What is a Trusted Seller?
- What are verification photos?
- How will I know when the seller ships my device?
- Why use PayPal for payments?
- Does the buyer or seller pay shipping costs?
- What are Swappa's return policies?
- What does it mean to Save and / or Hide a listing?
- Can I use an international forwarding company here on Swappa?
- What are Recommended Listings from Reliable Sellers?