Cell phone resale can be labor-intensive. Many businesses rely on spreadsheets for inventory management, and this can lead to a variety of errors, including incorrect quantities relative to available inventory. Additionally, there are other logistical aspects to consider, such as finding a safe place to buy used tech in bulk, testing device functionality, and figuring out where to sell for the most money.
We recently partnered with WholeCell, a serialized inventory management system built from the ground up for mobile devices. Whether you’re selling in bulk on Swappa’s B2B Exchange or selling directly on Swappa’s end user marketplace, WholeCell’s bidirectional integration with Swappa streamlines your workflow and saves you time. Keep reading to learn how to export your WholeCell inventory directly to Swappa.
Export your WholeCell inventory to Swappa in just a few clicks
Selling on Swappa’s end user marketplace gets you the most money for your used tech. In order to keep Swappa safe for buyers and sellers, listings are reviewed by our expert moderation team before they’re approved.
Swappa recently launched Incoming Inventory in order to streamline the listing creation process for volume sellers. Incoming Inventory is a staging area where volume sellers can start listings in a non-linear fashion and perform bulk edits on devices with similar characteristics. This makes listing on Swappa even easier, allowing you to find the perfect workflow and ultimately benefit your bottom line.
There are several ways to add items to Incoming Inventory including spreadsheets and adding items individually by IMEI. However, the easiest and quickest way is to export items directly from WholeCell. Here’s how:
- Create a WholeCell account if you haven’t already
- Navigate to the WholeCell Inventory Page
- Select the listings you’d like to send to Swappa Incoming Inventory
- Click on the Bulk Actions dropdown menu and select List on Swappa
- Click the Export to Swappa button
- Head over to Swappa and complete the listings within Swappa Incoming Inventory
- Edit your items to add missing product details such as color, condition, and price
- Add product pictures and finalize your listings
Once your listing sells, Swappa data is automatically sent back to WholeCell, saving you the hassle of manually creating e-commerce orders in your inventory management system. Learn more about the tight integration between WholeCell and Swappa’s Incoming Inventory by watching this walkthrough video.
How to use WholeCell Sync on the B2B Exchange
If you’d rather sell in bulk, Swappa has you covered. Swappa’s B2B Exchange is a new and separate marketplace that brings the safety, simplicity, and transparency you’ve come to expect from Swappa to the world of mobile device wholesale.
WholeCell is tightly integrated with Swappa’s B2B Exchange, allowing you to automatically sync your WholeCell Inventory with the B2B Exchange. Here’s how:
- Head to your B2B Exchange Dashboard and then navigate to your Stock List
- Click WholeCell Sync, and then click to get your API Key from WholeCell
- A new tab will pop up with your API Key and various export options
- Select the appropriate export options and click the Save button
- Paste your API key into the previous tab and click Connect
- Your stock list will automatically sync every night. However, you can click WholeCell Sync from your Stock List page to manually refresh your stock list from WholeCell
Here at Swappa, we’re continually refining how we do things in order to make buying and selling used tech as safe, simple, and straightforward as possible. We recently launched Swappa Incoming Inventory and B2B Exchange; and we’ve partnered with WholeCell to streamline inventory management and listing creation for volume sellers. Thanks to bidirectional integration between both platforms, you can forget about manual data entry.
WholeCell is currently offering a free 15-day trial for Swappa sellers. So what are you waiting for? Ditch the spreadsheets and manual listing creation, and see how Swappa and WholeCell can optimize your workflow.