Get answers to your questions, tackle your to-do list, enjoy entertainment, make hands-free calls, and control your smart home…all with just your voice! Google Home makes all that possible in a simple-to-use speaker. Place one in the hub of your home or put one in every room of the house. Either way, you’ll find yourself enjoying and relying on this device all throughout your day.
There is a trio of Google Home speakers:
- Google Home
- Google Home Mini
- Google Home Max
All three of these speakers function the same way…the only real difference between them is the size. However, if you are really into music, the Max version was built for the ultimate enjoyment of high fidelity sound.
Speaker setup is incredibly easy, only requiring you to plug it in and download the Google Home app. In only a minute or two, you’ll suddenly have access to everything Google has to offer.
Google Home Commands
“Hey, Google”…that’s all it takes! Just by saying those two little words at the beginning of any command or question will open up your virtual assistant. There are literally hundreds of available commands. Try any of these sample phrases or come up with your own:
Plan Your Day
- “How windy is it today?”
- “Add my birthday party to the calendar for Saturday at 7pm”
- “How long will it take to get to dad’s house?”
- “Set my morning alarm”
Get Things Done
- “Order diapers”
- “Send me a gluten-free lasagna recipe”
- “What am I supposed to be doing right now?”
- “Find my phone?”
- “Broadcast upstairs that dinner is ready”
Smart Home Control
- “Turn off the office light”
- “Set the air conditioning to 70”
- “Stream my back door security camera”
- “Start the vacuum”
Listen to Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Music, YouTube music and more
- “Shuffle my workout music”
- “Listen to my favorite podcast”
- “Play relaxing ambient noise”
- “Tell me the news”
Get Your Questions Answered
- “What is the capital of Mali?”
- “How far is the sun?”
- “What is 15% of 92?”
- “How do you say hello in Chinese?”
- “How much is $25 usd in euros?”
- “How many liters are in 5 gallons?”
- “How do you spell fahrenheit?”
- “How many days until Christmas?”
Jokes, Trivia, Games, and Fun
- “Play Lucky Trivia”
- “Play Mad Libs”
- “Entertain me”
- “Talk like Yoda”
- “Is your refrigerator running?”
With all the things Google Home can help you with, you’ll suddenly wonder how you ever got anything done before you had your own personal virtual assistant.
Google Home Compatible Devices
Google has created other home devices, namely Google WiFi (replaces your router) and Chromecast Streaming (for music and tv). Google has also partnered with Nest to give you connected thermostats, indoor/outdoor cameras, and alarm systems.
In addition to these Google devices, Google Home works with more than 1,000 other smart home devices from over 150 brands. Roomba vacuums, GE lighting, HP printers, LG appliances, and Logitech remotes are just a sampling of compatible devices.
When it comes to apps, thousands of the biggest brands that help you make the most of your Google Home. With apps from Pandora, Food Network, Disney, Sports Illustrated, CNN, Costco, and many more, you’ll have everything you need with the sound of your voice.
- Entertainment: Play music and audio from popular services.
- Tasks and Shopping: Tackle your to-do list and buy everyday essentials from your most frequented store.
- News and Information: Get the latest from trusted sources and get all your questions answered.
- Fun and Games: Play, discover, and be pleasantly surprised.
If you want to experience all the things Google Home can do but also want to save some cash, buy a gently used Google Home device on Swappa!