THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Swappa is a user-to-user marketplace for buying and selling gently used mobile and gaming technology. Safety and simplicity is the core of our brand. Swappa is hiring an Operations Engineer to help us run an eCommerce site to produce $100M in sales.
The primary function of the Operations Engineer role will be to maintain application reliability while working to improve overall performance working heavily within AWS, Ubuntu, and Python to achieve these goals. This position will work closely with our development and QA teams to ensure smooth code deployments and provide the tools necessary to complete their tasks.
- Help manage AWS infrastructure to support commerce
- Help manage and configure Ubuntu servers
- Assist with Python code deployments
- Configure new servers as necessary
- Contribute to our codebase
- Monitor and maintain application reliability, security, and performance
- Python and Bash programming proficiency
- MySQL proficiency
- Amazon AWS experience
- Ubuntu Systems experience
- Nginx experience
- Amazon Web Services, including EC2, RDS, ElasticSearch and ElastiCache
- Python (2.7/3.x)
We are seeking someone who can work both independently and as an integral part of a close-knit team to support the technical side of our rapidly growing market place. While Swappa insists on good work-life balance, due to the nature of the role and the culture of the company, this position might require availability at odd hours.
This position has been filled. Thank you.
Apply Now: https://swappa.wufoo.com/forms/mf2rdbj1wr0crm/