Swappa is a human-powered marketplace for consumer tech, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. With hundreds of thousands of happy buyers and sellers using Swappa every month we’re on our way to over $100M worth of commerce in 2019.
Swappa’s Social Media Specialist will represent the voice of Swappa, communicating with our users via social media. This marketing position works closely with support and marketing teams to connect with Swappa’s users, wherever they are, and increase the effectiveness of our marketing and user acquisition efforts. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role.
- Develop an active voice on social that improves the effectiveness of marketing, brand awareness and user acquisition efforts
- Ensure mentions, questions and complaints on other sites receive a prompt, proper reply (includes social media, trust and review sites, and article comments)
- Respond promptly and appropriately to Swappa mentions, questions and comments on social media and other sites
- Monitor brand mentions and conversations and report findings to the appropriate departments
- Develop unique strategies for engaging our audience on each relevant social network
- Ensure consistent, positive brand representation across relevant social networks and review websites
Though we have been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable experience managing social for a consumer brand
- You are a constant learner and always on the lookout for new ideas
- You like to execute, test and iterate and are not just about “big ideas” and “strategy”
- You are results and numbers driven when it comes to evaluating successes and failures
- You are comfortable working with Google Analytics and and other data analysis tools
- You are adaptable and thrive with change
- You value iterative progress and small wins that accumulate into big successes
You must be motivated, responsible and autonomous to be successful at Swappa. If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big, predefined budgets, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations this may be a great opportunity.
Swappa is building a marketing department to help us grow faster. Let us know if you think you can help by applying here: