UPDATE 10/11/17: We are no longer accepting applicants. Thank you for the crazy amount of interest.
Swappa’s marketplace for used technology products will host nearly $80M worth of commerce in 2017. That’s a lot of buying and selling, with virtually no advertising spend. And we know we can do more (much more) with a little help in the marketing department.
Swappa’s Director of Marketing will oversee our marketing initiatives with the primary aim of driving growth by raising brand awareness and driving more commerce. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role.
- Drive more buying and selling on Swappa
- Find creative ways to make more people aware of Swappa
- Help define the voice and brand of Swappa
- Identify content and organic search opportunities and related strategies
- Support business development with partnership opportunities
- Work with press, journalists, bloggers and influencers on raising awareness
At Swappa we value simplicity and pride ourselves on doing things a little differently. While we know cookie-cutter tactics won’t work for us, we do believe our marketing goals can be accomplished with fundamentals practices that are considerate of Swappa’s unique resources, challenges and successes.
- Organic search and SEO
- Content marketing
- Email marketing and drip campaigns
- Social and community building
- Press and blogger relations
Tactics probably won’t include a lot of paid search, CPM/CPC ads, or other traditional forms of paid advertising. We sometimes use these sparingly.
Though we’ve been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable eCommerce marketing experience
- You like to execute and implement and are not just about “big ideas” and “strategy”
- You are results and numbers driven when it comes to evaluating failures and successes
- You are comfortable working with Google Analytics and Search Console, Moz, A/B testing and other data analysis tools
- You are adaptable and thrive with change
- You value iterative progress and small wins that accumulate into big successes
If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big, pre-defined budgets, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations this may be a great opportunity.
Swappa is building a marketing department to help us grow faster. Let us know if you think you can help.
Email us an introduction to start the conversation.