Swappa Yo Jobba
Update, we have closed the application form after an amazing response. Thank you to everyone who applied. We’ll be in touch soon…
Swappa is hiring again! We’re looking for a part time moderator to join our growing team. This is a part-time, work-from-wherever job with modest pay. This is good supplemental work or a great opportunity for a college student, for instance.
We’re looking to fill the early mornings; 7:00 AM EST to 11:00 AM EST Monday through Friday. Due to the time slot, someone in the Eastern time zone is preferred.
The primary goal of a Swappa Moderator is to help keep Swappa a safe and easy place to buy and sell mobile devices. Our moderators provide help and guidance to buyers and sellers, prevent potential scammers, and overall make Swappa a better place to buy and sell. This is accomplished by monitoring and reviewing Swappa listings, comments, events, and responding to users and situations in a timely and helpful manner.
Requirements and preferences:
- Willing to start working 15-20 hours per week
- Willing to work 5 days per week
- Some customer service or moderation experience, or community / forum involvement
- Good communication skills, including spelling and written English
- Basic understanding of cell phone carriers and technology
- Patient and friendly
- Reliability is very important
- You must be 18 years or older to apply
Note: Swappa runs 24 / 7 / 365. So does our moderation team. This means we work on holidays. If you can’t / won’t work most holidays (that fall on your normal shift days) then this job probably isn’t a good fit.