The Holidays are finally upon us and for last-minute shoppers looking to buy some gently used tech from the Swappa marketplace you’re probably wondering how much time you have to receive gifts before the Christmas deadline. We hope this post will shed a little light on that.
Swappa sellers are all required to ship out devices — not matter what it is you’re buying — 2 days after receiving payment. Although sellers are allowed to use their preferred courier (FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service, DHL, etc.) we’ll go ahead and list deadlines for the most commonly used couriers for those looking to receive your package before December 25th (Christmas Day).
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
United States Postal Service
- USPS Retail Ground – Dec. 14
- First-Class Mail Service – Dec. 20
- Priority Mail Service – Dec. 20
- Priority Mail Express – Dec. 22
- UPS 2nd Day Air – December 20
- UPS Next Day Air – December 21
- FedEx Ground will not deliver on Saturday, December 22 (for FedEx Ground inbound/outbound maps, click here).
- FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx 2Day will deliver on Saturday, December 22, if Saturday delivery is selected ($16 Saturday delivery fee will apply per package).
- FedEx Home Delivery will deliver on Saturday, December 22, at no additional charge. This will be the last delivery day for FedEx Home Delivery shipments.
All of these dates, of course, don’t account for any unforeseen delays due to inclement weather, so the sooner you buy, the sooner the seller ships — the better. Again, don’t forget to factor in the 2 days sellers are required to ship and you should have a better idea of your final shopping deadline.
This also means there’s till plenty of time to do your holiday shopping on Swappa. With the lowest prices of the year, there’s never been a better time to buy some new-ish tech than right now. To get started browsing all our deals, visit the Swappa marketplace by hitting that button below.