Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G Unlocked compatibility

William S. on Swappa
William S.

Anyone have actual experience whether Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G Unlocked will work on Xfinity Mobile?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Hi there, William! Thanks for finding your way onto our forums!

Although I haven't tried it for myself, I believe that an Unlocked Galaxy S20 FE 5G should work fine on Xfinity Mobile.

The S20 FE 5G is hardware compatible with the network bands used by all major US carriers, including Verizon. In case you didn't know, Xfinity Mobile falls back on Verizon when out of range of Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots.

After getting your phone and signing up for an Xfinity Mobile plan, they'll mail you a SIM card and assist with the device setup.

Hope this helps!

PS. Great choice on the S20 FE 5G, by the way! We recently selected it as one of the Best Used Android Pones in 2021.

William S. on Swappa
William S.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. That's good news.

Nathan A. on Swappa
Nathan A.

Here's the link to Xfinity's IMEI checker, to determine compatibility:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device

Greg P. on Swappa
Greg P.

Will Verduzco. Just another data point on this question. Xfinity is weird. l didn't know this could even be an issue, however l purchased a S20 FE 5G phone from a Swappa seller, rush shipped it to take advantage of a Xfinity promo only to find the phone is NOT compatible with Xfinity, even though it IS compatible with Verizon.

Now I have to pay shipping back + a restocking fee and still don't have a working phone.

Definitely use the link Nathan A. posted to check the phone's IMEI: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod/compatibility/device

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Thank you for the clarification and additional data point, Greg.

I am sorry to hear that your unlocked device was somehow deemed incompatible by Xfinity Mobile. I was not aware that this would be a concern on Galaxy S20 devices if they were purchased as unlocked.

Mike Z. on Swappa
Mike Z.

Hey I know this is a bit old, but that IMEI checker isn’t 100% comprehensive for android devices. Many android devices that work without a hitch don’t come back as compatible.

If an newer (Samsung, Motorola, LG, Pixel) “android” device isn’t working immediately it could simply require: • manually updating your APN SETTINGS to xfinity mobile’s current APN(Google searching settings will suffice)

Alternatively if you have an xfinity mobile device already. Resetting that XM (android ) device with the SIM in it then moving that sim to new android will transfer the correct APN settings.

Note: rarely- I’ve seen situations with OPPO devices too.. usually involves calling Verizon/xfinity in order to toggle CMDA-Less messaging on.

Source - Work at Xfinity

(???????????????????????????????????????? - ???????????????????????????????? ???????????? ???????? ???????????? ???????????? ???????????? ???????????? ???????????????????? ???????? ???????????????????????? ???????? ???????? ???????????????????????????????? - ???????????????????? ???????????? ???????????????? ???????????????? ???????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ???????? ???????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? - ???????????????????????????? ???????? ???????????????? ???????????? ????????????????????????????????????????)

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply