Is there anything as satisfying as putting on a freshly cleaned pair of shoes? It’s like clean sheets after a shower or waking up from a perfectly timed power nap. If you have a pair of dirty Panda Nike Dunk sneakers that need cleaning and you’re craving that sense of satisfaction, watch the video by RESHOEVN8R and get ready to use a little elbow grease.
Step 1 – Prepare Your Panda Dunks for Cleaning
- Remove the laces and put them in a bowl of water
- Insert a shoe tree into the shoe to help keep/retrain the toebox shape
- Mix cleaning solution into water (follow instructions on the solution bottle)
- Use a dry soft brush to remove any dirt/debris from the shoes
Step 2 – Clean the Nike Panda Dunk Sneakers
- Pre-treat the upper and tongue with the soft bristle brush and cleaning solution
- Don’t apply too much pressure
- Clean both inside and outside
- Take your time covering all surfaces with the brush
- Use a clean towel to wipe down the shoe
- Clean the tongue and midsole with a medium bristle brush
- Clean the midsole and outsole with a stiff bristle brush
- Clean the laces by hand
Step 3 – Finish Cleaning in the Washer
- Put the shoe in the laundry bag
- Leave a shoe tree in the sneaker
- Tighten the drawstrings of the bag
- Put the laces in the lace pouch of the bag
- Put a laundry pod (from the RESHOEVN8R kit) in the lace pouch
- Put the laundry bag in the washer on a normal quick wash with cold temperature
Step 4 – Dry your Panda Dunks – Final Steps
- Air Dry – Do not dry in the dryer
- Place in the sun until dry or use fans
- Keep the shoe tree in the shoes while drying
- If there are creases in the toebox, you can use the iron method to try and remove them (see the video below)
- If there are loose threads, you can use scissors to remove them
- Re-lace the shoes
Are your Panda Dunks too far gone? Grab a new pair on Swappa
What materials do you need to start cleaning your Nike Panda Dunks?
- Bowl of Water
- Cleaning Solution
- Soft Bristle Brush
- Medium Bristle Brush
- Stiff Bristle Brush
- Sneaker Laundry Bag
- Shoe Trees
- Microfiber or Soft, clean Towel
Grab a RESHOEVN8R Signature Kit to get everything you need to clean up to 50 pairs.
Do I have to spend $50 on a cleaning kit to clean my Panda Dunks?
While it is not required, we do recommend cleaning kits for convenience and safety. The brush materials and cleaning solution in the RESHOEVN8R kit are specifically designed for cleaning shoes. You can create a DIY kit but be careful what types of brushes and cleaning solution you use. The pre-made kit also has a laundry bag that is designed to clean shoes in a washing machine.
How do you fix Nike Panda Dunk toe creases?
You can reshape the toebox of a pair of Nike Dunks using the iron method shown in the video below. Use this method at your own risk. If done improperly, you may damage the toebox material.