Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

I'm looking an unlocked phone or tablet, but I've ran into a problem.

Anonymous

My problem is that I'm not how to work on an unlocked phone or tablet. Do I go to a provider place like Samsung or Apple and ask them for help? Or do I get sim card and use the device as normal? Do I need a provider for my unlocked phone or tablet to work?

hamid c. on Swappa
hamid c.

An unlocked phone or tablet is not tied to a specific carrier, so you have the flexibility to choose your own provider. To use it, you need to obtain a SIM card from a mobile carrier of your choice and insert it into the device. The SIM card will provide your phone or tablet with a phone number and access to cellular services.

You don't necessarily have to visit a specific manufacturer like Samsung or Apple for setup; you can typically activate your device and get assistance from your chosen mobile carrier, as they can help you with network configurations and any technical issues related to your unlocked device.

Chris P. on Swappa
Chris P.

You can go to any carrier that supports that device. You can order a prepaid SIM as long as the device is supported. If your device has eSIM support, you can buy an eSIM and receive it instantly. Go to the carrier website and they will have a place to check if device is supported before you buy a SIM. For example, here is where you'd check if a device is supported by boost mobile: https://www.boostmobile.com/check-compatibility

Anonymous

Check that IMEI number or you could have issues with some networks not working in the USA https://imeicheck.com/imei-check Some devices are made for networks outside of the USA and thus will not work here well. Like LTE 5G will not work at all as the internal hardware will not support it, it's missing all together. BUYER BEWARE

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply

Cookies

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.