Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Q about Spectrum Mobile unlocking

Mat L. on Swappa
Mat L.

Hi, new to Swappa, changing carriers and thinking of paying up and listing my current phone here instead of trading in.

From what I'm reading, Spectrum says they unlock it as soon as it's paid up, but there are (vauge) reports of people having trouble with these phones not fully unlocking, or otherwise not quite working with their BYOD service (some proprietary Spectrum gunk in the device firmware, apparently)

So the Q is I don't want to list it as unlocked only to have the buyer run into problems like this, & thought I'd ask if anyone has any relevant experiences or insights.

OFC I could just list it as a Spectrum device and make the whole thing moot, but I also don't want to needlessly exclude buyers if it would be fine for an unlocked/BYOD.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply