Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Item was tempered with and emptied after handing to USPS

Anonymous

Hi, so I ship a phone a week ago using USPS Priority flat-rate small box with signature confirmation. I have a video proof of me packing the item at the post office and give it to the clerk. When the item get to the shipper's post office in Troy PA, the item was refused because it has been opened and emptied out. Is there anything that I can do about this?

Rob D. on Swappa
Swappa Staff

Hello,

Please sign into your Swappa account and go to the follow page so we can assist you:

https://swappa.com/help

Nitlo J. on Swappa
Nitlo J.

Yes, there are several things you can do if your package was opened and emptied out after you shipped it using USPS Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation.

File a claim with USPS: You can file a claim with USPS for the lost or stolen package. You will need to provide details about the shipment, including the tracking number, the date of shipment, and the destination address. You may also need to provide evidence of the value of the contents of the package, such as a receipt or invoice.

Contact the recipient: You should contact the recipient to let them know what has happened and to confirm that they did not receive the package. They may be able to provide additional information or insight into what may have happened to the package.

Contact local law enforcement: If you suspect that the package was stolen, you should contact local law enforcement to report the theft. You may need to provide a copy of the shipping receipt, the tracking number, and any other relevant information to assist with the investigation.

Consider insurance: If you purchased insurance for the package when you shipped it, you may be able to file a claim for the lost or stolen contents. You will need to provide evidence of the value of the contents, such as a receipt or invoice, and may need to pay a deductible.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply