carrier unlocked phones

Anonymous

I know the difference between factory unlocked and carrier unlocked, but I am still hesitant to buy a carrier unlocked phone. I am looking for a iphone 13 pro max - wouldn't a carrier unlocked phone function EXACTLY the same as a factory unlocked phone in that I could use on any carrier I wanted? For for this particular phone is there any reason why I shouldn't buy a carrier unlocked phone? Not sure who I will eventually be using as a carrier, but it would be one of the big 3, Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile.

Anonymous

Carrier unlock basically brings the phone back to factory unlock state, so you are right.

No reason not to buy a carrier unlocked phone.

It’s the software unlocked phone that may restrict you with full potential of the phone when used with another carri.

Robert B. on Swappa
Robert B.

When a carrier unlocks a phone, lets say Verizon in this case. Verizon software will remain on it, but it will still work on another carrier. My carrier unlocked Verizon phone works on T-Mobile, but you get pop-up's and errors sometimes saying that certain functions no longer work because you are not on the Verizon network. But everything will still work, just not the Verizon pre-installed stuff.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply