Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

MacBook Pro M1 (16gb) or i7 (32gb)

SitaRi on Swappa
SitaRi

I’m trying to decide between a MacBook Pro M1 16gb or a MacBook Pro i7 32gb. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcomed

Ahmed on Swappa
Ahmed

I would highly recommend the M1.

Brett N. on Swappa
Brett N.

Likely way too late at this point, only discovered Swappa had a forum today and I’ve been here for almost 11 years.

Personally, I’d go with the M1 all day long. I own both a 2019 16” with the i7/32GB RAM and 1TB SSD and it’s put to shame by even a 13” M1 8GB model for the most part only showing the lack of memory when running multiple VM’s at once. Even then it still hangs in there. An M1 w/16GB is going to preform generally better than any of the Intel MBPs of any year.

Only reason I’d go Intel in 2022 is for legacy stuff like Bootcamp, X86 VM’s, maybe if a real dedicated GPU is needed and the 2021 14” and up is out of your price range.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply