Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

How long is my PayPal funds on hold for?

Tommy P. on Swappa
Tommy P.

I just recently sold an item that has been closed for two days but the fund son PayPal are still on hold. How long will it take to be released?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Swappa Staff

Hey there! First off, congrats on selling your phone on Swappa!

As for your payment: The majority of PayPal transactions are instantaneous. However, PayPal occasionally places a payment hold on certain transactions. In most cases, these PayPal holds last a couple of days after delivery. However, in some extreme cases, these can be as long as 21 days or longer.

According to PayPal Support, payment holds most frequently occur for first-time sellers, sellers who haven't sold in a while, sellers with an unusual or altered selling pattern, or sellers with disputes on record.

Unfortunately, PayPal is solely responsible for these payment holds -- and it is up to PayPal to release the hold. However, if the package has been delivered, the hold should be lifted in a matter of days. I suggest reaching out to PayPal support if you wish to expedite the release of your funds.

Learn more about PayPal payment holds on the Swappa blog: Why is PayPal holding my money?

Tommy P. on Swappa
Tommy P.

Thanks! I ended up going through PayPal and one of the things to help with the hold is to add a tracking number to the funds on PayPal for that product. I believe PayPal will also email the buyer to verify too.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply