Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Selling

Anonymous

when the buyer buys my listing, how long does it take for me to see the money in my bank account?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Swappa Staff

Hey there!

First off, thanks for considering selling your phone on Swappa!

Regarding payment timeline: You get paid directly to your PayPal account as soon as your item sells. However, PayPal occasionally places a temporary hold on a seller's account that must be lifted before you can transfer the funds from your PayPal account to your bank account.

Although the majority of PayPal transactions are instantaneous, temporary PayPal holds can last a couple of days after delivery. And in rare cases, this can sometimes be as long as 21 days or more.

According to PayPal Support, PayPal most frequently enacts holds for first-time sellers, sellers who haven't sold in a while, sellers with an unusual or altered selling pattern, or sellers with disputes on record.

Unfortunately, PayPal is solely responsible for these payment holds -- and it is up to them to release them. However, if the package has been delivered, any holds should be lifted in a matter of days.

Learn more about PayPal payment holds on the Swappa blog: Why is PayPal holding my money?

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply