Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

List of inexpensive phones that will work with T-Mobile after this year?

Robin D. on Swappa
Robin D.

When I ask, I'm told I can submit the IMEI to find out. Well I don't have a new phone, yet, so I don't know what's going to work!?

I know the phone I have now will not work, because it's sprint, and even know it worked with tmobile years ago as an unlocked phone, it's not a legitimate tmobile phone, so now they have ways to just shut that whole thing down.

I'm pretty sure the Galaxy S10 works since one of t-mobile's MVNOs is selling it with a warranty and a plan, so that's what I've been looking at, but I'd love to spend less on something that can at least shoot 4K video and has a decent battery.

Dietrich on Swappa
Dietrich

I'm on T-mobile, I'd recommend you look for a device that has 5G capability. From a network standpoint that will ensure a long service life. I bought an LG V60 for $240 a month ago. it's pretty much the cheapest Snapdragon 865 on the market. Only downside is the large size of the phone. The Samsung S10 5G is a pretty good device as well. It has a Snapdragon 855, just make sure that you look at the 5G version. The Pixel 4a 5G or newer is a pretty good phone line, they were more of mid-range device when released. They're not very powerful when it comes to gaming, but the photos are excellent.

Robin D. on Swappa
Robin D.

Hey thanks for the response!

Yeah, I was looking at the V60, but they dropped the telephoto camera. The battery life was pretty sweet, though. Depending on prices when I absolutely have to buy a new phone, I might pick up a V60, anyway.

The V50 has the tele, but I've been seeing reports of all IMEIs of that phone being blacklisted by tmob.

The V40 is still "acceptable" as I think it has the tele and 6GB RAM. Poor battery life, however, from what I read. And, like all iphones, it only has USB 2 behind that shiny USB C connector, which is literally retarded in the true, scientific meaning of that word, and is a huge reason I won't consider an iphone.

Looked at the S10+ because it has the telephoto, 960FPS slow-mo, and has a card slot(RIP on newer Galaxy models). Possibly better spare parts availability, too.

Sure wish phones didn't have goofy curved OLEDs. I miss the days when I could replace a phone screen with a $25 - $50 LCD... Whatever phone I get is unlikely to be as durable as the LG V20 I have, now. I've dropped it so many times, many of which I "saved" it by slapping it into the wall with my lightning fast reflexes! No new phone could survive what this one's been through.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply

Cookies

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.