Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Should i get iphone 12 or pixel 6

Giorgi V. on Swappa
Giorgi V.
Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Hey there, Giorgi!

The Pixel 6 and the iPhone 12 are both fantastic options, and you can't go wrong with either phone.

Despite being quite different in terms of software platform, ecosystem, and visual design; they're actually quite similar overall! They both have large OLED screens with great contrast and vibrant colors. The Pixel 6 screen is slightly larger and has a higher refresh rate for smoother motion, but the iPhone 12 screen is slightly higher resolution for even sharper text. They also both offer flagship-level performance, thanks to the A14 Bionic on the iPhone and the Google Tensor chip on the Pixel 6. Finally, both phones are known for having some of the best smartphone cameras available -- so if you care about picture and video quality, there is no wrong choice.

The differences really come down to personal preference. You mentioned that you're currently on a Pixel 2 XL. If you like Android and want to stay on the same platform, the Pixel 6 is the clear winner. However, if you want a change of pace or happen to own other Apple devices (such as a MacBook, iPad, or Apple TV), and want better ecosystem integration, the iPhone 12 is the better option.

Finally, there's the price. Both phones are currently around the same price on Swappa -- starting around $480 in February 2022. So no matter which you pick, you'll get a great deal on a great phone that will last you several years.

Good luck with whichever phone you pick!

P.S. Personally, if I were buying for myself, I'd probably get the Pixel 6 -- but that's only because I'm a huge Android nerd, and I've grown quite fond of the customization it allows.

Giorgi V. on Swappa
Giorgi V.

I definitely like android more but 2 things are keeping me from buying pixel 6 : 1) Fingerprint scanner , i have heard its terrible and unlocking phone is its basic function that you use many times . 2) pixel only receives updates for 3 years while ios gets 6 ,honestly i am mad at google for that . Even with those flaws i will probably get pixel , android is just too good .

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

Yeah, great points! The bigger issue of the two (at least for me) would definitely be update lifespan. I find it remarkable how long Apple supports old devices. Even though iOS 15 doesn't run as well on the 6S as it does on a newer model, it's still amazing that Apple provides official support.

Richard S. on Swappa
Richard S.

I'm still using a Pixel 2 XL, love this phone. Reminds me of the OnePlus one which was my favorite of all cellphones over the years. Had to put it away because it was too outdated for all carriers. I'll never purchase another iphone, no offense, just love the android experience. Enjoy the one you choose ????

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply