Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Freight Forwarding

Scott W. on Swappa
Scott W.

I have had a question on one of my listings, where I am being asked if I would ship to a "freight forwarding address". I am unfamilar this this? Is this risky? Should I offer this?

Thanks!

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Swappa Staff

Hey there, Scott. First off, thank you for selling on Swappa!

As you already know, Swappa is a US-based marketplace and the vast majority of buyers (and all sellers) reside within the US.

Some international buyers are allowed to place orders on Swappa if certain criteria are met:

• The buyer must use a freight forwarding service based in the US
  • The buyer must use a US-based financial institution to pay through PayPal

Because Swappa's goal is to make transactions as easy as possible for both parties, and international orders may complicate returns and tracking, we also ask international buyers to contact the seller before purchasing an item and ask if the seller is okay with an international sale and using a freight forwarding service.

Learn more on our FAQ:

Anonymous

I think there is no main logical difference that before purchase buyer must inform into seller that his shipping address is being freight forwarding address, and wait for approve from sellers side.

Ussaualy seller only responsible for shipment from his address into buyers location(address) afther that seller will not have any reason to care for shipment item, buyer what will do already recived item does not care seller. Hence can anyone explain strategy(logic) of before purchase seller must approve address of buyer.

Malachi H. on Swappa
Malachi H.

Yeah I agree, this just overcomplicates things for international buyers. I can't get any good deals out of here because I have to ask every time. The only thing the seller has to do is send it to the address just like any other US address. It's not their responsibility after that, it's mine. I gave them the address.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply