Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

How long will the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus be supported by Apple?

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

The iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are some of the most popular iPhones bought and sold on Swappa! But since they are a few years old now, people often ask how long they'll continue to get iOS software updates.

The iPhone 8 was released in September 2017. Apple doesn't have an official software update timeline for iPhones, but they typically provide 5 (or more) years of iOS software updates. This means that you can assume the iPhone 8 will be supported for at least another year -- if not longer.

That said, Apple often provides software updates for even longer, such as the 6S, which received 6 years of iOS software updates!

How long do you think the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will be supported by Apple? Personally, I think that due to its fast A11 Bionic chip, the iPhone 8 may get software updates for another few years.

Jonny V on Swappa
Jonny V

I am actually very surprised that they included the 6S in iOS 15. But I think I am going to keep my 6S devices on 14 when I get my new phone. It depends on which operating system comes on my new phone. The listing was put up about three months ago so it might even have iOS 14.

I figured now would be the best time to get an 8+. The prices are good right now especially for large capacity, it seems that the prices are the same regardless of capacity.

If they continue to support the eight for at least another three years that would be fined and then by that time I’ll be able to get something better. Maybe Apple will even release a new phone that has a home button because I don’t like this face ID. I would have purchased an SE, but they don’t have a plus size for those.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply