Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

iPhone TouchID vs FaceID

TechPlenty on Swappa
TechPlenty

Do you prefer TouchID or FaceID?

What are your top two reasons?

Michael on Swappa
Michael

As hesitant as I was to adopt FaceID, I've come to prefer it over TouchID... it works pretty seamlessly and allows me to use my phone when I'm out riding my bike. I always fumbled w/ TouchID when I was out riding or working out.

Nate T. on Swappa
Nate T.

I still prefer Touch ID. It's a little faster (if you're used to moving your finger in place), and gives me a bit more control over when I'm authorizing things on my phone.

That said, I don't dislike Face ID, and definitely see its benefits sometimes as well.

Chris A. on Swappa
Chris A.

Personally, TouchID was a very cool function when they introduced it. However, I have come to really appreciate the move to FaceID. Not having a home button is one less part on your phone that can break (I am a computer technician and repair phones as well- and the home buttons truly are a nuisance when broken because they cannot be replaced by 3rd party- only Apple). Also, I feel like FaceID is easier in the sense that there are many people who have issues getting their finger correctly on the button each time for TouchID to work (especially older gen). Pros and cons to both- but ultimately removing the home button was a genius move (in my opinion). Hope this helps!

David O. on Swappa
David O.

Face ID. I can log in to bank acct and other sights just using face. No more forgetting log in info. I would never go back to touch.

Ward Johnsmeyer on Swappa
Ward Johnsmeyer

I really like Face ID. I also like being able to unlock with my Apple Watch if I'm wearing a mask.

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply

Cookies

By continuing to browse this site, you agree to our use of cookies to enhance your experience.