Your browser does not support JavaScript.To fully experience our site, please enable it.

Facebook pixel

Straight talk wireless Iphone to verizon

Nicholas F. on Swappa
Nicholas F.

With Black Friday approaching I was wondering what would happen if I bought the straight talk iphone SE and tried to use it on my verizon plan?

NYCPhonebuyer LLC on Swappa
NYCPhonebuyer LLC

It will need to be unlocked most likely

Will Verduzco on Swappa
Will Verduzco

NYCPhonebuyer is exactly right! You should make sure that your iPhone is unlocked. Only unlocked devices will work on different networks.

Fortunately, you can call your wireless carrier and ask them to unlock your phone. They are required by the FCC to unlock your phone for free as long as a few criteria are met:

• You have completed your wireless service contract or paid an early termination fee
  • You have finished paying for your phone

[Learn more about unlocking your iPhone on our blog: Unlocked Phone Buyer's Guide]

Sometimes, there are also different phone models that work with certain network bands and frequencies across the globe. But in the case of the iPhone SE 2020, only one version was sold in the US (A2275) and it supports all commonly used US wireless bands.

[Learn more in our Unlocked iPhone SE 2020 Compatibility Guide]

MN Mobile Guy on Swappa
MN Mobile Guy

Straight Talk requires 12 months of active service before they will SIM unlock a device. So that would not be a good device to buy, if you're a Verizon customer

Post your own reply to get in on the discussion...

Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links to other sites. We may receive commissions for purchases made through these links.

Get Help, Fast

Email

[email protected]

Need help with a listing or a sale?

Submit Help Request

Helpful Links

Swappa's typical response time for help requests is around 20 minutes... That's really fast

Cart, Full of Deals

Your cart is empty :(

Login for Deals

Forums, Start a Thread

Forums, Reply