Swappa was founded in 2010, and since then, our reputation and our marketplace have grown. Swappa is the safest marketplace to buy and sell newish tech. But even with thousands of successful transactions every day, there are still sellers who just want the quickest and easiest way to sell their gently used tech.
As of today, we are introducing the Swappa Trade-In Program. So moving forward, sellers can create a listing to sell their gently used tech in the Swappa marketplace or go straight to the Swappa Trade-In Program for a quick and easy trade.
What is the Swappa Trade-In Program?
The Swappa Trade-In Program is a new way for sellers to get paid for their used tech. The Swappa Trade-In Program is perfect for those who want to sell fast with less work. It is also great for those who want to sell a device that isn’t eligible for sale on Swappa, such as a phone with a cracked screen or a phone that isn’t fully functional. And, by carrying over the trust factor from the Swappa marketplace, you can rest assured knowing the trade-in process will be successful because all of the trade-in partners are trusted by Swappa.
Simply put, Swappa now has you covered in more ways – list your device for sale in the marketplace, or go the quick and easy trade-in route.
How to use the Swappa Trade-In Program
Using the Swappa Trade-In Program is simple, and you will go from checking offers to getting paid in just a few steps.
- Get started by selecting the phone or tablet you want to trade in using the “find your device” search box.
- Review the available offers and choose the offer that works best for you.
- Visit the trade-in partner site and finish the final steps.
- Get paid fast after the trade-in partner receives and inspects the device.
Trade or Sell: What are the differences?
By definition, a trade-in is “a used article accepted by a retailer in partial payment for another.” When you use a trade-in service your device is going to a company, and when you sell your device it (generally) goes to an individual. Of course, while trading in and selling are different – they each have a key benefit.
- Trade-In: A trade-in is generally a quick and easy process. The key benefit of using a trade-in service is that it is simpler than selling.
- Selling: Selling is also generally easy, but it isn’t always as quick as a trade-in. The key benefit of selling is that you will get more money.
Another way to phrase the difference between trading and selling is that you trade value (read: money) for convenience when you use a trade-in service.