Swappa is the ultimate marketplace for used mobile devices.
Swappa is a marketplace for buying and selling gently used mobile devices. Only fully functional, ready to activate mobile devices are allowed (no phones with bad ESNs, water damage or cracked screens).
Selling a device is free and easy. Buying a device is easy too. There are no auctions and no confusion to what's being bought and sold. A listing's price includes shipping costs and other fees. Overall, Swappa provides a streamlined experience for buying and selling gently used, fully functional mobile devices.
Every day, hundreds-of-thousands of new Android devices are sold and activated. When this happens, perfectly good, not-so-old Android devices are set aside and often forgotten about. Swappa wants to help these Androids find new homes.
Swappa was launched in December 2010.
Quick Facts about Swappa
- Swappa is a simple marketplace for buying and selling gently used, fully functional mobile devices
- Swappa launched in December 2010
- In 2011 over $500,000 worth of gently used Android hardware was sold on Swappa
- In 2012 over $1,000,000 worth of gently used mobile devices were sold on Swappa
- In 2013, we're hoping for $5,000,000 worth of gently used mobile devices will be sold on Swappa
Ben Edwards created and coded Swappa, starting in late 2010. The idea for Swappa came from Ben's love of Android combined with an extreme dislike for the frustrations of buying and selling devices via eBay and Craigslist.
Tony McAfee joined the Swappa team in July 2012 and since he has moved from a part-time moderator to the full-time head of our customer service department. He stays up to date on the latest technology by maintaining Swappa's database of devices.
Wesley Thurston joined the Swappa team in March of 2013. Wesley is a mobile technologies enthusiast with a passion for technology. He works to help answer anything from technical questions to website-related questions in order to make Swappa a more intelligent place to buy a mobile device. You may also know him as stratatak7 on the XDA-Developers forum.
Lucas Freeman joined the Swappa team in July of 2013. Lucas is insanely passionate about android and all things mobile. From phones and computers to just about anything with power, he has opened them up or tweaked the software.
Brock Hatfield joined the Swappa team in July of 2013. Brock is a seasoned IT veteran with a passion for technology. He works to be well rounded in both technical aspects and customer service.
Joe Ybarra joined the Swappa team in August of 2013. Joe is a mobile enthusiast, looking to help and to help show other tools provided via that Smart Phone. He is a people person, giving the consumer what they want and deserve. Also know as Judge Joseph Dredd on XDA Developer Forum. http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4387744
Why buyers use Swappa:
- Get new device without having to extend your carrier contract
- Get recently released Android device on the cheap
Why sellers use Swappa:
- Upgrade to new devices more often
- Get money for your last Android device
All listings on Swappa meet the following criteria:
- All devices are fully functional and ready for activation
- All devices have clean ESN / IMEI / MEID (have not been reported lost or stolen)
- All devices are free of water damage and cracked glass