UPDATE: We have filled this position. Thank you to everyone who applied.
Swappa is a human-powered marketplace for used technology products, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. With hundreds of thousands of happy buyers and sellers using Swappa each and every month we’re shooting for over $100M worth of commerce in 2018.
Swappa’s Social Media Manager will become the voice of Swappa online. This marketing position works closely with support and creative to keep Swappa’s brand representation strong and increases the effectiveness of our marketing and user acquisition efforts. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role. Part-time and contract work will be considered for the right candidate.
- Develop unique strategies for engaging our audience on each relevant social network
Ensure consistent, positive brand representation across relevant social networks and review websites
- Develop an active voice on social that improves the effectiveness of marketing, brand awareness and user acquisition efforts
- Ensure mentions, questions and complaints on other sites receive a prompt, proper reply (includes social media, trust and review sites, and article comments)
- Respond promptly and appropriately to Swappa mentions, questions and comments on social media and other sites
- Monitor brand mentions and conversations and report findings to the appropriate departments
Though we’ve been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable experience managing social for a consumer brand
- You are a constant learner and always on the lookout for new ideas
- You like to test and iterate and are not just about “big ideas” and “strategy”
- You are results and numbers driven when it comes to evaluating successes and failures
- You are comfortable working with Google Analytics and and other data analysis tools
- You are adaptable and thrive with change
- You value iterative progress and small wins that accumulate into big successes
If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with year-long plans and big, predefined budgets, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big aspirations this may be a great opportunity.
Swappa is building a marketing department to help us grow faster. If you think you’d be a good fit for this position, please use the link below to apply.