UPDATE: This opening has been closed due to a fantastic response. Thanks to everyone who applied. We’ll be reaching out soon!
Swappa is hiring again! We’re looking for a part-time moderator to join our growing team. This is a part-time, work-from-wherever job with modest pay. This is good supplemental work or a great opportunity for a college student.
We’re looking to fill a late-night shift: 1:00am – 6:00am Eastern Standard Time, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
The primary goal of a Swappa Moderator is to help keep Swappa a safe and easy place to buy and sell mobile devices. Our moderators provide help and guidance to buyers and sellers, prevent potential scammers, and overall make Swappa a better place to buy and sell. This is accomplished by monitoring and reviewing Swappa listings, comments, events, and responding to users and situations in a timely and helpful manner.
Requirements and preferences:
- Willing to start working 15-20 hours per week
- Willing to work ~5 days per week
- Some customer service or moderation experience, or community / forum involvement
- Good communication skills, including spelling and written English
- Basic understanding of cell phone carriers and technology
- Patient and friendly
- Reliability is very important
- Ability to work through the entire night time shift
- Must be US based
- You must be 18 years or older to apply
Swappa runs 24 / 7 / 365. So does our moderation team. This means we work on holidays. If you can’t / won’t work most holidays (that fall on your normal shift days) then this job probably isn’t a good fit.