Swappa is a human-powered marketplace for consumer tech, including smartphones, laptops, video games, and smart home tech. With hundreds of thousands of happy buyers and sellers using Swappa every month we’re on our way to over $100M worth of commerce in 2019.
Swappa’s Digital Advertising Specialist will develop and manage an analytics- and optimization-driven advertising program designed to drive commerce. This new position works closely with our management team to raise brand awareness and increase the effectiveness of our marketing and user acquisition efforts.
Swappa is a distributed team spread out all over the US. This is a full-time, remote, work-from-almost-anywhere role.
- Develop and manage ad initiatives on various platforms including: Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit
- Work with other marketing functions, including email and content, for coordinated campaigns
- Track and report on campaign effectiveness using Google Analytics and other tools
- Optimize advertising using testing, data and analytics
- Regularly report on progress and challenges related to objectives
Though we’ve been around a while, are bootstrapped and profitable, Swappa still operates a lot like a startup. Everyone on our team wears many hats and does whatever it takes to get the job done. Egos are left at the door and the phrase “that’s not my job” never flies here.
- You have demonstrable experience and expertise managing digital advertising campaigns for a consumer brand
- You have familiarity and expertise with all or most of the following ad platforms: Google, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit
- You are organized, analytical and driven by data
- You are results and numbers driven when it comes to evaluating successes and failures
- You like to execute, test and iterate and are not just about “big ideas” and “strategy”
- You are a constant learner and always on the lookout for new ideas
- You value iterative progress and small wins that accumulate into big successes
- You are comfortable working with Google Analytics and other data analysis tools
- You are adaptable and thrive with change
If you’re looking to be dropped into structured corporate machinery with deep hierarchy and micromanagement, this is not the job for you. On the other hand, if you like the idea of working remotely for a small company with big competitors and big aspirations, this may be a great opportunity.
Swappa is building a marketing department to help us grow faster. Let us know if you think you can help by applying.
APPLY starting with this simple form: https://swappa.wufoo.com/forms/swappa-advertising-job-form/