Frequently Answered Questions (FAQ)
What does it mean when a listing has been "reviewed and approved" by Swappa staff?
Swappa aims to review and approve every listing posted on Swappa to ensure it is a legitimate listing and meets our criteria for "no junk devices".
This is a security feature to help protect buyers and make Swappa the safest place to buy and sell used mobile devices online.
Some of the things that are reviewed by Swappa staff:
- Compliance with Swappa listing guidelines
- Verification photos
- ESN check
- Seller history
We still encourage all buyers to carefully review all listings you're thinking about buying and to ask questions of the seller. Remember, a seller can still edit the listing after reviewed. And always question "too good to be true" listings.
If a listing that has been reviewed and approved looks suspicious or questionable, ask Swappa staff to review it again! Just leave a comment on the listing asking for a review and check the "Notify Swappa staff" checkbox. We'll be happy to check it out again.
So is a listing that is reviewed and approved guaranteed to be legit? The answer, unfortunately, is no. Swappa cannot guarantee the intentions or future actions of any seller. But we can guarantee that no other site works harder to prevent "bad" listings and sales. And we're pretty good at it.
- What does it mean when a listing has been "reviewed and approved" by Swappa staff?
- What happens if what I get doesn't match what I bought?
- What is a PayPal confirmed address and why is it important?
- Why is a listing pending staff review?
- Why should I not share my ESN / IMEI / MEID publicly?
- Can I use Swappa from Canada, Europe, India and anywhere else in the world?
- How do I cancel a pending payment via PayPal?
- Can I change my shipping address after I've paid with PayPal?
- How do I contact a seller?
- What happens if a phone sold on Swappa is blacklisted a month or two after sold?
- What are my payment options when buying?
- What are the procedures that should be followed for a return?
- What is a sale fee?
- Can I get a refund for the sale fee?
- I'm not sure what rooted or ROM means, should I buy a rooted phone?
- Should a SIM card be included with used device sales?
- What are verification photos?
- How will I know when the Seller ships my device?
- Why use PayPal for payments?
- Does the buyer or seller pay shipping costs?
- What are the site return policies?